I am going through one of those phases where I want to read all the time. Ty said to me just today,"You read alot". I am glad that they notice and I hope it rubs off. Bryce and Ty both have books to finish reading before school starts. Bryce can read just about anything at his level. He is reading "Peter Pan" because it is short and everything that he wants to read is either too easy or he has already read it. "Peter Pan" looks pretty easy to me, but his AR websight says it is hard enough. Ty has to read a book called "Code Talkers". It is about Navajo code talkers in WWII. I read it before him, to try to encourage him, without much luck. I think he is on chapter 5. Paige is reading the Samantha stories from the American Girl collection. She likes them but only reads when I tell her to. Yesterday, Brett read "The Grouchy Ladybug" to me. He is such a good reader.
Just this week I have become addicted to Goodreads. I have seen it on several blogs and decided to look. I am spending way too much time looking for books I have read and seeing what other people are reading. But, It just makes me want to read more. Well, I picked up "Breaking Dawn" at Sam's today, so I think I will go get started, since it is a perfect "curl up with a book" rainy day. What are you reading?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just finished Breaking Dawn, totally worth the read, and very worth the trip to BOM at midnight to get it! Now I am working on Robin McGraw's book (can't remember the title, but it's Dr. Phil's wife) and it's fantastic. Very encouraging and uplifting. And a great read on the beach! lol
Just finished Breaking Dawn last night. Holy Vampires! I love this book.
I'm reading Escape by Carolyn Jessop that is an interesting story about growing up in the FLDS and how she was able to get out with her eight children and start a new life. Warren Jeffs was the "prophet" at the time.
Post a Comment