I can't image getting a spelling list like Ty has this week. When I was in 5th grade I had never heard of the things on this list. It is Louisiana week at school, so Ty's teacher gave them a Louisiana spelling list here is what he has to spell:
bayou
beignet
cajun
creole
fais-do-do
file'
gumbo
jambalaya
jazz
lagniappe
levee
Mardi Gras
mudbugs
po boy
poo-yie
praline
pirogue
Twelfth Night
vachers
zydeco
After all my years in Louisiana there are still a few words on this list I am not sure about. Good Luck Ty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well you know what they say..."when in Rome". I think it's great Ty's getting a deeper understanding of the Louisiana culture. Maybe there should be classes for we adult transplants! Miss you guys!
Wow! I have no idea what some of those are either!
Well I don't see a problem with the list! Doesn't everyone know how to spell beignet and lagniappe??
Well, I don't know what they are talking about with the Louisiana schools. Sounds pretty challenging to me! I guess these are just dumb Southerner words. Good luck Ty!
I have no idea what those words are either, by good thing my cajun husband was reading over my shoulder and told me what they ment!! LOL! I hope he did alright on his test!!
Post a Comment