Thursday, March 6, 2008

Out of Control

Call me crazy, but I thought the idea of combining a baby shower with play group this week would work out fine. We have done it before, but not at my house. I really don't mind having playgroup at my house. I know every toy will be brought out and someone will spill and I am fine with that, but today----wow!!! Remember there is a baby shower going on during the following:

2 spilled cups of sprite
1 big bump on the head
4 kids screaming "Chicken Pie" (????) over and over
1 boy missed the potty
2 bedroom floors covered in toys
5 fingers in the cheese ball
1 bucket of M&M's dumped all over the kitchen
1 bed thrown up on
7 kids sitting at the little tikes table eating off each others plates
1 pair of shoes left behind
8 kids climbing up and down from Brett's bed
1 loud toy firetruck
1 boy trying to rollerblade in the kitchen
1 complaint "They're being mean to me" (could it really only be one complaint?)
and believe it or not 2 babies sleeping

And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head!

I think there were games played and gifts opened at some point. I only hope it seemed wilder to me than everyone else. Believe it or not I look forward to my next turn at hosting playgroup, because it will be my last before Summer begins and Brett is off to Kindergarten in the fall. But, this playgroup was one to remember and look back and laugh. I can just image the story Heather will have to tell about her baby shower!

7 comments:

Carolina girl said...

Sorry about the throw up, Lisa.:( But, I think it seemed crazier to you because it was at your house. I've had two babyshower/playgroups at my house, and I thought they were way crazy too. But probably not so much to everyone else. Anyway, Sarah has been fine since your house, so hopefully it wasn't from a bug!

Klin said...

I'm reading this thinking, "Whew! Aren't you glad that's over?!"

What a party animal you are. LOL

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Lisa, I cracked up so hard. Especially the part about the throw up.

Laura said...

I had a sleeping baby. I don't know what you are complaining about.

gwen said...

I had a great time and never even realized all that was happening! (except for the "chicken pie" chant-I did hear that). It was great, I should come to play group more often!

momofa2e said...

This sounds like my life back when I had 3 kids under 6 plus babysat anywhere from 3-7 others. I'm glad those days are over. :)

Erin said...

Don't forget about the light fixture in your hallway that fell apart when a ball was thrown up at the ceiling!!! I felt so bad for you and your house, but had a great time. Reading your post was hilarious.