Monday, March 3, 2008

Big Boy!



Brett celebrated his birthday this weekend. He was so excited to have friends come to his party this year. He wanted a "Star Wars" party. But, he refused the cool rocket cake that I made for Bryce when he was younger. So daddy decorated the cake! We decorated paper plate flying saucers and launched film canister/alkaseltzer rockets. Brett loved most of his gifts especially the new Star Wars guys. Curiously, he liked the Webkinz raccoon his friend Lily gave him, but hates the very cute Build-a-Bear turtle that I gave him. He even wanted to hide it when his friends came. So hard to please! But, such a sweet boy. He likes to tell me that I am his favorite person in the family. But, this weekend he warned me that when he is a teenager, daddy will be his favorite, but he will still like me! Whew! Well, It is time to go pick up the big boy at school!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great party, but I feel the need to point out that flying saucers aren't from Star Wars! haha

Erin said...

I'm sorry we had to miss the party. I know Matthew would have loved it. It's just that time of year for us, Baton Rouge last weekend and back to New Orleans this weekend. :)

Klin said...

film canister/alkaseltzer rockets?!! That sounds like a blast. Very creative and inexpensive. I might launch some of those, just for fun;)