Monday, May 5, 2008

Sleep

"Not last night, but the night before 24 robbers came knocking at my door" Is that how the old jump rope song goes? Well, it may not have been "robbers" but it seemed like that many kids kept me up night before last. Ty had another really bad ear infection. The first time he came in was for ear drops, then for some Advil, the third time I gave him a heating pad. It just hurt so bad he couldn't sleep. And, I did feel terrible that he felt so bad, but I was soooo tired. He finally fell asleep on the couch (his favorite place to sleep), when Brett came in and climbed in bed with me. He had a bad dream about a big spider! But, there was no way he could stay in bed with me I was already exhausted, so he got his pillow and blanket and made his own bed. I just had to listen to those little boy sleepy noises for the rest of the night. Thank goodness for Sunday afternoon naps!

2 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I remember those days...now I don't get sleep because of teenagers..haha

Klin said...

I am where the Laughlin family is.

I hope you can grab a nap.