




School is out! The pool is up. The kids already have their first sunburns of the season (unfortunately). They talk about our upcoming trip on an hourly basis. They want to know who can come play, where can they sleepover, what can we do, when are we leaving, where are the snacks, how late can we stay up, why do we have to do chores, what can we do today that is FUN!? So, we will be checking out the free summer movies. I am trying to talk them into the summer reading program at the library. I am sure we will make a few trips to the water park. Thank goodness for that backyard pool, it is a lifesaver when they are bored and I am not in the mood for entertaining. How are you keeping busy this summer?

3 comments:
Unfortunately NOT in a backyard pool this year. :(
Trying to sell home and keep it clean. That's pretty much all I have time for.
I remember the days of pools....in the backyard. They saved my life when I was raising my children. And we did the library thing too. Anything free.....beach (I know we don't have good ones here or in Cameron but they can still play in the sand and look for shells. I tried to get them to only watch tv for a certain amount of time and read.....good intentions rarely made those in household happy. ;)
We will be spending lots of time at the water park (we got a season pass) and playing lots of putt-putt (season pass). The gigantic park is just across the road from us with a lake for fishing, baseball/soccer fields, putt-putt, water park, playgrounds....you name it! Very convenient. Plus, Alysa will be visiting her friend Andrea sometime in July. Maybe she can get in touch with you guys and you can all get together? Also, we finally sold our house. So we'll be looking for a new one here....finally! Have a fun summer!!
Post a Comment