Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What you may not know about me

Laura has "encouraged" me to post a few things that noone knows about me. I am sure that some of these things my family knows and some of these things my friends know, but one may not know what the other knows. Does that make sense? Anyway, don't expect too much. Here they are:

1. Pets: My kids have not know the "joy" of having a cat or dog, but when I was a kid we had lots. A few I can remember are: a golden boxer which I, as a toddler, named Alice after my favorite book, Alice in Wonderland. A manx(no tail) cat named Minus. At least three other boxers one named BoBo and 2 white ones named Spooky and Boo. A Cat that "followed my brother and sister home, it had extra claws, and huge feet. We named it Thumbs. A cat named Smoky, Dogs, named Tag and Bud. And at least once we had pet rabbits.

2. Dates: I didn't date much before college and most of the guys I went on dates with at BYU were not American. They were from such places as: Korea, Phillipines, Mexico, Peru, and various other Central and South American countries.

3. Surgery: The only surgery I have ever had was Day Surgery about 14-15 years ago to have a fiberous cyst removed from a breast.

4. Walnut Tree: When I was growing up we had a Walnut Tree in the front yard. It was perfect for climbing, not too tall and lots of places to climb to. From the time I was about 5 this was where I spent my summers. That tree was a house, a school, a firestation and headquarters for "Charlie's Angels" to name a few. It was great!

5. Jobs: When I was at BYU I worked for one of those questionable companies that put classified in the newspaper that says things like, "Make thousands working from home!"

That's all I can come up with for now, How did I do?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Pretty Good! You're pretty lucky on that surgery thing! And I alawys wish those ads were true...

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing.

Klin said...

Doesn't depriving your children of pets qualify as neglect? ;) I remember that you guys had boxers. An a very large dog run in the back yard. Is that still there?