Dave made it home from his ski trip. He had a great time. The best skiing in years. Tons of new snow everyday. His sister Robin happened to be in Utah at the same time and they spent a fun day snowmobiling and watching the arial ski jump competion at Deer Valley. He didn't get to visit everyone he wanted to, but enjoyed the visits he did fit in.
You may wonder about how I feel about Dave taking a vacation without me. I will admit the first year we sent him alone I felt a little resentful. But, now I am fine with it. It is too hard to fly with all the kids and on past winter trips they always got sick. And it is very good leverage for just about anything I want to do the rest of the year.
After six days of just me and the kids I am always so glad when he gets home. No matter how good the kids are it is just exhausting when he is not here. To add to it the kids were out of school for Mardi Gras and I have been just a little bit irritable. But, they are back in school today, I made it to the gym for the first time in a week, and Dave is back. Whew!! Now to get ready for my turn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
As long as you really do use the leverage for the rest of the year! I'd say YOU should be the one who gets to leave!
Is that how you get your scrapbooking weekend every year???
I'm wondering what it is you get to do after Dave comes back? Sounds like a fun deal.
Post a Comment