
Before I tell you about our walk...some background. Last summer on our way home from vacation we spent 2 nights with Dave's brother Wayne. Uncle Wayne and Aunt McKenzye live in the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff, AZ. Literally, right out their backdoor there is a great hiking trail. The kids hiked back there at least three times in the two days we were there. We came across a baby racoon and we got drenched by an afternoon rain shower. The kids loved it.
Back to Sunday afternoon. The kids complain constantly that we won't let them do anything on Sunday. I once mentioned taking a walk in the neighborhood and they have been bugging me about it for weeks. So, Finally, we took our walk. We walked to a corner of our neigborhood where there are some "woods" and followed a trail. These woods are between our neighborhood and a trailer park to the north. You can hear and usually see the streets to the east and west. There is a lot of trash back there and there were some teenage boys riding there bikes in the mud. The house next to these woods still has what is left of a blue tarp from Hurricane Rita. Get the picture? Can you guess where I am going with this? As we are walking Brett says, "This is just like hiking at Uncle Waynes." I wish!!!

1 comment:
HA HA HA!!!!!! Just like Uncle Wayne's if Uncle Wayne lived in Calcasieu Parish!!!
Post a Comment