Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NYC final thoughts



  • We did see a few other places that I may not have mentioned specifically like the Plaza hotel and Rockefeller plaza.


  • I am usually pretty good with directions, but not here. I could never get in my head where things were or how to get there.


  • Everytime I got on the subway it felt like it was going the wrong direction, but we always ended up where we were supposed to.


  • Lots of kids in NYC ride little scooters, in the park and on the streets. I guess they are much easier to store in an apartment than a bike.


  • It is weird to see places on TV now and have a new context, because I have been there.



  • Food/restaurant wise we did hit a few tourist favorites, but there were many places we wanted to try but couldn't fit in.


  • It is a good idea to get ideas from friends who have been somewhere you haven't. We got lots of good advice and went lots of places we would never have know about or tried otherwise.



  • After I left Dave spent one more day in the city. He went to Coney Island and as a big rollercoaster fan was pretty disappointed with the famous Cyclone.


  • People do not get out of the way for taxi's and taxi drivers really do drive crazy.


  • I guess I am more adventurous, brave and smart than I thought.

  • We have awesome friends who made an amazing trip, with no kids, possible...Thank You!


1 comment:

Klin said...

Sounds like a sweet trip Lisa. I have always wanted to go see a show on broadway in NYC. If I ever get to I'll get some advice from you on places to hit.