We enjoyed the morning at the Met. There were tons of sculptures. I loved the Greek section. I think that almost all the statues were missing body parts.
There was hall after hall of every kind of art. It is fun to come across paintings that I have seen pictures of all my life.
Again, Dave found art work to pose with :)
As I was taking a break, resting my aching feet. Dave overheard some women talking about the following painting... One of them talked about how it was her favorite painting in the museum and how the subject of the painting had some mental disorder of some kind. Then I observed a man taking a picture of the painting and had to laugh. I told Dave he was taking a picture of it because it looked like him! We tried to get a picture of him taking a picture of it, but he walked off too soon.
So, Dave followed him and took his picture. He was trying to be sneaky about it. What do you think? Did he know his picture was being taken?
Then we spent some time at Central Park. Dave wanted to rent bikes, but I was really tired and we weren't sure where to rent bikes, so we just wandered a little.
That is the Guggenheim in the back ground. We didn't go there because we heard the building was more interesting than the art and although I loved the art we saw... it was enough.
Dave kept making me pose with random trees and flowering bushes. Not all of them are flattering and it became obvious I was tired of pictures with pretty bushes and trees.
We took a peak at the reservoir and found the castle near the turtle pond (where toddlers were feeding the turtles handfuls of goldfish crackers).
Then we headed to Dave's choice of the trip: a Yankees game. We bought cheap seats, but did not realize that they were on the back row! It was covered when there were a few sprinkles, but did nothing to protect us from the cold and wind.
The Yankees were playing the Blue Jays and although we did see three home runs, when it became obvious that the Yankees were losing and I was freezing ( I got hot chocolate instead of a hot dog!), we decided to head out a little early in hopes of making the last bus back towards our hotel.
We did make it to the bus station and since we would be getting back way too late for the hotel shuttle we called the car service they recommended. Our hotel was not far at all from the bus stop at the mall, but there was not a safe way to walk there. After we had waited for the service for 45 minutes we tried to call again and were told they had been there and left (hmm, I don't think so!) We huddled between the bus ticket kiosks waiting and waiting finally we called the hotel and got the number for another service. It was a long, long cold evening! Now, what to do to finish up our trip? Day 5 we change our plans to fit in more fun.( Dave the next morning showing how we huddled trying to keep warm!)


No comments:
Post a Comment