I loved the Picasso's. I am amazed at how much art work he produced, paintings, sculpture, pottery. They had an entire exhibit on Picasso Guitars...paintings, drawings, dimensional art work (not really sure what to call them) like guitars made of cardboard or metal.
I was surprised at the size of some of the art work that I have seen pictures of all my life. Some were tiny, some were huge and we could get so close to all of it.
Monet is another artist who painted a lot of paintings, I love his waterlilies and other well known work, but it was cool to see lesser known (at least to me) work and unusual colors.
Dave was not impressed with the wall of Campbell's soup cans but I thought it was fun.
He liked to pose with the artwork, like this statue of an "athlete".
There were alot of great Van Gogh paintings including "Starry Night". But, for some reason I really liked this one...the colors, the texture, I don't know, but I like it.
This on the other hand....art??? I guess it takes all kinds. Maybe I am not a deep enough thinker to appreciate this or blinds on the floor or a pile of candy in a corner.
Dave was amused by this painting. Again, not sure about the deeper meaning and I am not sure what makes it special.
Dave posing again in the sculpture garden. We had lunch at the museum and spent most of the day there. We went to a couple of other museums, but this was my favorite.
We had dinner at Ellen's Stardust Cafe, where the waiters sing. We sat right at the spot where they would climb up behind Dave and walk along the back of the seats. I tried to include our singing waiter, Dave, and the harmonica player, but never got any really good pictures. Dave had them sing "Sea of Love" in honor of our anniversary. We did some wandering before and after dinner. We walked through St. Patrick Cathedral and Time Square. We had treats at Magnolia Bakery and wandered through some shops like M&M World.


1 comment:
this is awesome. I'd love going to New York. Glad I can live vicariously through you.
Post a Comment