Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What good examples I have

Last night I was so ready for the kids to go to bed. They had been difficult all afternoon. At bed time Paige started complaining about her stomach. She asked for medicine. I, impatiently, told her I didn't have any and she should say her prayers and go to sleep. I shut the door and went to see what another kid, frustratingly, was calling me for. Then, Paige called me back again, I opened her door and said, "WHAT!" She told me that she said her prayers and her stomach was already starting to feel better. I took a deep breath and told her I was glad.
An hour later, I went to check on Bryce, who reads in bed and loses track of time. I noticed the book he is currently reading was on the couch. So, I was a little surprised to find him reading in his room. He was reading his scriptures. What good examples to me on such a stressful day.

3 comments:

MiCKeY said...

Yay! That means you guys are getting it right! It's nice to look back after those stressful days & see that all the lessons really are be heard.

Klin said...

I've had those days when I just want them to go to bed so I can.

You have good kids. You are their example.

momofa2e said...

You were their example first. I'm glad that they made a good ending for your stressful day. :)