Friday, February 20, 2009

Not feeling so appreciated

Last night Dave went to a "Primary Teacher Appreciation" dinner. He was not very happy when he got home. He said the entertainment was good (One of the performances was Ty playing his sax with some friends). But, he didn't like the dinner. He also felt like he was crashing a Relief Society activity. He gave two friends a ride home from the activity and before he got anyone home....got pulled over for speeding! We had been talking about how many people we have seen get pulled over in our neighborhood lately. We also discovered this week that his registration was expired. But, of course had no proof that we had actually renewed it. It has been many, many years since he got a ticket and he is usually pretty careful about it. More careful than I am (I have never gotten a ticket). Now, the kids have a four day weekend for Mardi Gras, but Dave has to work all weekend. So, I guess the kids and I should do something to show him that we appreciate what a great husband and dad he is. Just this week I am appreciating that he is helping the boys with their science fair project and doing our taxes (both things I hate)!

3 comments:

Be A Saint said...

Poor Dave, that does not sound like a very appreciative day. Was this the activity in Orange? I love the part about it being like a Relief Society activity. Too funny and I can see how it might feel like that.

Susan said...

Bummer for Dave. Don got a ticket last yr. and he held the record at our house (32 years without one). My last was 18 years ago, while visiting teaching...no good deed goes unpunished.

MiCKeY said...

Darn! A ticket is not a very fun way to end an already unpleasant evening! Do you guys have an option to go to traffic school there? It's where you go spend 1/2 a day watching videos of car accidents with a traffic cop telling stories & then the ticket doesn't show on your record...Not that I just spent a morning there or anything!