
Yesterday, Paige had to write a practice essay for the LEAP test. Her subject was If she had three wishes what would she wish for. Her wishes are so sweet and simple, isn't it sad that while she lives at home, she is unlikely to have her wishes fulfulled. Poor girl! Here is her essay:
One day I was walking home from school. I saw a lamp that looked sort of like a teapot. I grabbed it and ran home. I got home and ran upstairs to my room. It was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. It was shiny and smooth. I rubbed the lamp and a genie came out. He said that I could have three wishes. I was thinking about what wishes to make for a long time.
I finally had an idea of what to wish for. I wished for a bigger room. The room I have now is puny. There is no room to play with my friends. I don’t have any room to put my things. My bed is squeaky and too tiny. I got a bigger room and thought about my next wish.
My next wish was a dog. I wanted it to be cream white with chestnut brown spots. I’ve wanted one ever since I was five. I never got one. Dogs are my favorite animal too. I love to play with them. I named him Speckles. After I got the dog, I thought about my next wish.
The last wish was to have a sister. I want a sister because I have three brothers. I’m the only girl. There is never anyone to play with. All my brothers do is play video games. I got my wish. I have no more wishes and I’m happy with the ones I had.
I told the genie thank you and he got sucked into the lamp. I went to my huge room to play with my sister and Speckles. I loved my wishes. My friend came over the next day. She was so surprised, she couldn’t talk. We played all day. I’m happy with my big room, my sister and my dog.
I finally had an idea of what to wish for. I wished for a bigger room. The room I have now is puny. There is no room to play with my friends. I don’t have any room to put my things. My bed is squeaky and too tiny. I got a bigger room and thought about my next wish.
My next wish was a dog. I wanted it to be cream white with chestnut brown spots. I’ve wanted one ever since I was five. I never got one. Dogs are my favorite animal too. I love to play with them. I named him Speckles. After I got the dog, I thought about my next wish.
The last wish was to have a sister. I want a sister because I have three brothers. I’m the only girl. There is never anyone to play with. All my brothers do is play video games. I got my wish. I have no more wishes and I’m happy with the ones I had.
I told the genie thank you and he got sucked into the lamp. I went to my huge room to play with my sister and Speckles. I loved my wishes. My friend came over the next day. She was so surprised, she couldn’t talk. We played all day. I’m happy with my big room, my sister and my dog.

3 comments:
Good thing she has her imagination.
I loved her wishes. Are you sure you can't make just one of them come true?
No puppies? Come on...think of Alice. :)
What if all of that came true?? That would very odd!!
Post a Comment