Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year

Ty and Andrew having a "wing eating contest".
Brett ringing in the new year.

We enjoyed our holiday time together, but it was a relief when they went back to school yesterday. We went to a movie, Bedtime stories. We rarely take the whole family to the movies, especially since we no longer have a "dollar" theater. We got there at the last minute and some of us had to sit on the front row, yuck! But the movie was cute. We spent some time with friends on New Years Eve, which the kids loved! It was a little more fun than just a few fireworks in the driveway, like we usually do. Thanks for having us Erin! For Family Home Evening last night we had our annual first of the year goal session. The kids groaned and Brett did not cooperate at all, but basically we all got a few things on paper that we want to do, or do better this year. Some are silly and some are serious, but I think that is the way it should be. Here is a sample:




Dave: Complete 1 major and 12 minor projects, learn a hymn on the piano, get 100 on guitar hero.




Lisa: Plan and prepare healthier meals, be a better visiting teacher, play more games as a family




Bryce: Get banner roll (straight A's), Complete Star Scout, Eat more stuff!




Ty: Read more, beat Bryce on guitar hero, complete 1st Class scout.




Paige: Do a science fair project, eat more veggies, pass off things in "Faith in God" book.




Brett: Only play wii, only eat (like I said he was not interested and didn't like any of my ideas!)

2 comments:

Klin said...

I really expected one of yours to be get more scrap booking stuff and time.

Your others should be mine, but I don't do goals at the beginning of the year. I do them in May. In January my goal is to just make it to February without a health crash. Yuck, huh?

Lisa said...

Oh, scrapbooking is on the list! I didn't list everything here.