Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blessing #13


I am thankful to be a mom. There was a time I wondered if I would be. I am also thankful to be a mom whose job it is to raise her children and take care of our home. I don't have to worry about making money. If there is a dentist appointment to get to, I don't have to make arrangements. If a child gets sick, I go get them and we come home. If there is a field trip or a program at school, I attend it. When help is needed with homework, I provide it. I saw them take their first steps and heard them say their first words. I don't have to worry about missing anything, because that is my job...to be there.
(I also take alot more pictures than I am in, so this is an old one that I like of me and Paige)

3 comments:

Carolina girl said...

It is a wonderful blessing to be a stay at home mom! It's the best job in the world!

Klin said...

It is the most important job in the world. What you do in the home impacts society as a whole. You are doing a great job, too, by the way.

Be A Saint said...

That is so sweet. I love remembering even the little things that are great about staying home. Things do run more smoothly.....most of the time! I can't imagine the chaos working would bring to our lives.