Tuesday, September 2, 2008
A rather blustery day
Well, the storm is gone and we are still here. We are really happy with the decision we made to stay home. We got lots of work done yesterday. Painted and put up window trim in the new room. It was pretty overcast all day and sprinkled off and on. It was also breezy all day. Late in the afternoon we had bands of rain and some strong winds. We lost power at about 5:00 pm, just before we made dinner. So, we had sandwiches. We rounded up the flashlights and candles and while there was still light the kids played games and legos. We expected the worst of the storm to be between 8-10 pm, but by then the worst was past. We played games by candle light and I read to the kids for a while at bed time. We had some windows open to let cool air in, but Brett did not like the sound of the wind and frogs. The kids all camped out in the living room. It wasn't the best night sleep, a little warm and muggy. We had all just gotten up and were resigned to poptarts for breakfast when the power came on. Now I just have to keep the kids busy for a few days and convince them to do some homework!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey guys, I am so glad that all worked in your favor and that you are all okay. What a frightening time it must have been. Thanks for letting us all know that you are safe.
When did you get power back? Zack never lost power!
OOOPs, I don't read very carefully, do I?
So glad you didn't get it worse. I'm guessing it was a lot more comforting to be in your own home, and yay for getting some stuff done!
Post a Comment