Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pet Peeve of the Week

I heard one of my boys say,"OMG," the other day. Now, I know when he said it he meant, "Oh, my gosh," but that is not what I thought when I heard it and I am sure it is not what most people think when they hear it. So, I just don't like it and encouraged him, strongly, to not say it anymore.

5 comments:

Klin said...

I resorted to "goodness" when I couldn't understand the difference. I sound old, but I don't care. You should see me walk when my arthritis is acting up;) May as well sound the part, too. m Hee hee

Gayla said...

Good for you Lisa! I agree.

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

You know, I thought and thought and thought...what could that mean that she is thinking of ....

I finally figured it out. I GUESS I AM OLD AND SLOW. ;)

Julie Church said...

We work on not saying that one, too. Rachael has been known to correct strangers and family at the most awkward moments. "That lady said OMG,mommy, that is blasphme." (one of the big words I use but never think will come out of her mouth)

Lisa said...

I think I was unclear...He said the letters "OMG" which I hear alot of kids say, but I don't like it :)