Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lazy summer days

We are being lazy. We haven't gone anywhere or done anything for days, just hanging out at home. Afternoon thunderstorms make me feel less guilty about it. If it is raining isn't that permission to curl up and read a good book? Now if I can just get the kids to do some summer reading.

3 comments:

Laura said...

But doesn't that involve leaving to go to the library? That's my problem. I just need to go to the stinkin library.

Loved that book, by the way. It was awesome, I didn't want it to be over.

I think we're gonna head to the movie tomorrow, and I had the thought about maybe having a picnic at the beach park over there at the lake. Give the kids some sand time. If yall wanna come.

gwen said...

Love your new layout.... No need for guilt, your kids are probably loving the down time and thinking of creative things to do at home.

Gayla said...

Hi Lisa - that sounds so good to me. I just want to read a good book. I miss those southern rain storms too - we might get a sprinkle or so here is all. How did I manage to sign my kids up for so much stuff in the name of "keeping them busy" for the summer? I'm carpool mom all over again. Awwwhhh!