Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hall-o-lame

"This Halloween is so lame!" Paige told me in the middle of trick-or-treating. I admit I kind of have to agree. We didn't get the Halloween box out of the attic until Friday afternoon and then only to get the plastic pumpkins for collecting candy at the Trunk-or-treat. We had fun at the ward Fall Fest. Games, food, spook alley and lots of candy...no complaints. Except from Bryce who arrived late after a marching competition and didn't get any food :( The kids wanted to all dress like Napoleon Dynamite characters. You see we ended up with Napoleon and Deb. Kip(aka Ty) and Pedro (aka Bryce) backed out as they were arriving late and then helping in the spook alley. We did not even buy pumpkins this year. But Paige and I did fit in a couple of holiday crafts.

When it came time for trick-or-treating, Bryce and Ty were at band practice and Dave was working late, so I made Paige come with us (not wanting to leave her home alone with all the crazies out). Several years ago our neighborhood was a trick-or-treating hot spot, but with the Trunk-or-treat take over it has died down considerably. Not many porch lights on and not many kids out. We hit enough houses to collect an acceptable amount of candy before the boys called to be picked up. Back at home we passed out candy to handful of "people" most of whom were too old to be trick-or-treating. About the time we turned out the porch light, Dave arrived home from work. So, yes, it was kind of a lame Halloween. We will do better next year.

2 comments:

Gayla said...

The crafties you and Paige did are darling!

Carolina girl said...

I love your crafts too...especially the pumpkins! So cute!