Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Time Flies

Summer has come and gone and the kids are all settled back in school. But, me, I guess I still wish it was summer. I am usually glad to get back in the routine, but we were so busy this summer I kind of feel like I missed out on our hanging out at home, nothing to do summer. The kids on the other hand enjoyed their many activities from scout camp to girls camp, youth conference to band camp and Philmont and Anderson family time in Indiana and Arizona. Maybe it is also the missing out on seeing my family that has my wanting for more summer. The neices and nephews are growing so much. Wish they could come see us! Anyway, our summer was rounded out by Dave, Bryce and Ty going on the Stake High Adventure trip to Philmont National Scout Ranch. I worried a little bit that all the hiking would outway the fun activities, but I was wrong. They had a great time. They made new friends enjoyed the horseback riding, and other activities and hiked to the top of Baldy Mountain.

It was some good father/son bonding time, doing the things that I am usually happy to miss out on!

While they were gone, Paige participated in our Stake YW mud run. It was a blistering hot day, but she enjoyed the activities especially jumping in to the lake and crawling in the mud.


The boys are now in the middle of marching season. They have a great band director who has a gift for producing an awesome program each year. We are looking forward to their first competition in about a week and a half and enjoy watching their half-time show at the football game.

No comments: