Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mardi Gras

Normally, we avoid the Mardi Gras craziness (not that it is THAT crazy here). Parades here are much different than I grew up with. They involve lots of things being thrown at you, mostly beads and candy. The big boys were gone on a youth temple trip and Paige and Brett really wanted to go to a parade. Brett was born 2 days after Mardi Gras. That year Dave took the other kids to the parade and we haven't been back since.
So, I gave in. We picked up Dave at work and met some friends down by the court house. It was a little cold. But Paige and Brett had a great time catching beads and cups and the occasional treat. Brett's spark teacher made sure he got one of the twinkies she was throwing.

I will admit it wasn't that bad, and we may go again some year.

No comments: