Friday night the phone rings, Bryce answers and says, "Paige, it's for you." A few minutes later Paige comes to me and asks if she and Brett can spend the night at Darby's. Darby is a friend from school who lives in our neighborhood and has a brother Brett's age. They have played before, but sleepovers have never come up. I ask, "Are you sure she has permission and wants both of you to come?" I am assured she does and that Paige remembers which house is theirs.
Twenty minutes later we are driving up and down her street and Paige can't seem to pick out the right house. So, I call home and ask Bryce to check the caller ID. He gives me a number which I call. No one answers, but I get the voicemail of my friend Andrea. I call Bryce back and "kindly" explain that he has given me the wrong number and to look again. While he is looking Andrea calls me back. I tell her, yes, I called, but Bryce had just given me the wrong phone number, then she asks, "So, are you coming?" "Coming where?" "Oh, I thought Paige and Brett were coming to spend the night?" The lightbulb comes on and I realize that it was not Darby who called Paige. "Yes, we are coming." As we drive, Paige and I have a discussion about making sure she knows who is on the phone and how embarrassing it would have been to show up at Darby's with two kids ready to spend the night who have not been invited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank goodness she couldn't find the house!!! That is so funny... Similar things have happened to my kids from time to time.
Whew!!! But what a fun story you have to tell.
Post a Comment