
Monday, December 28, 2009
A Christmas Eve Snitch
I can't believe we did it. Both Dave and I said it would never happen. I think the kids were even resigned to the fact that we would not be getting a pet...ever. But, somehow I (yes it was my idea) talked Dave into it. "The kids will be so happy and surprised...shouldn't every kid have some kind of pet at least once in their life...it won't be so bad!" Then the discussions about what to get dog? cat? what? I wouldn't say that we had strong opinions either way. But, a cat seemed less needy and much more available. So, on the afternoon of Dec. 23 Dave and I went out looking. Unfortunately, the parish animal shelter closed for adoptions 30 min before we arrived. So, we headed to Petsmart. We found a friendly 3 month old gray cat and some how got him home and kept it a secret from the kids. Although Dave wanted to try to keep it a secret until Christmas, I thought Christmas Eve was good enough and would keep the kids occupied during the long day of waiting for Christmas to arrive. The kids were speechless. They spent the day playing and annoying the cat and discussing what to name him. After much discussion and disagreement the kids settled on "Snitch". So, we are pet owners, weird isn't it? Paige, especially is in heaven!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
He is just GORGEOUS!! Cats are awesome. If you're looking for a vet, go see Dr. Ford in Maplewood (Angie C. works there), he's the best. ~
Destini goes, "That's not fair!" Umm...like you don't have 4 cats of your own. "But we're going to get a puppy," she informed me. Oh...okay.
How fun - that looks like a soft one.
Post a Comment