Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Student of the Year

We knew that Paige would be eligible to apply for student of the year this year. She has awesome grades, but I worried that she would not want to do it. Happily, she suprised me and was excited to fill out the application and write a life sketch. We were so pleased when she was named a finalist (one of seven out of 36 applicants!) This was on a friday, that day all of the finalist wrote an essay at school. One of the topics was to present an award to a member of your family. Paige chose to award her dad the "Best Builder" award and wrote about all of the things he has made recently. Then came the long weekend of worry and sleepless nights. Monday morning was interviews. She did not want to just give up, because she wouldn't be able to talk to the interviewers, but we weren't sure what could be done about it. Dave gave her a blessing Sunday night and she was able to sleep and was much less worried, I, on the other hand, didn't sleep well at all. First thing Monday morning I called the school and talked to the counselor. She agreed to let Paige write her answers in the interviews. I was so relieved. Paige wanted so badly to do well and my only hope was that it would be a good experience for her. One of her best friends was chosen as Student of the Year. Paige was so happy about how she had done and was so glad she had done it.

5 comments:

MiCKeY said...

Way to go Paige!

Susan said...

I'm happy for you Paige, you're awesome!!

Gayla said...

That is so awesome. Good for her! Isn't it wonderful to have that access to priesthood power when you need it? BTW I found a picture of your family when we had you over on a Christmas day one year. We had hideous floral wall paper and were in a state of remodeling, but it's funny. If we get a scanner I'll have to post it!

Melinda said...

Congratulations, Paige! That is so awesome.

Klin said...

Awesome job!!! Huge success for Paige. I'd vote for her.