Saturday, November 28, 2009

Brett quote of the day

Brett: "I keep getting a bad word stuck in my head."
Mom: "Well, do you try to think of good things, or sing a song or something?"
Brett: "It doesn't work cause I can think of more than one thing at a time."
Mom: "Okay, what is the word."
No response.
Mom: "Will you spell it?"
Brett: "I can write it."
Mom; "Okay."

Any advice for my sweet boy who is feeling bad because he can't get this bad word out of his head? He didn't like any of my advice and says he has prayed about it! He is so good, I hate that he is feeling like he is bad.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Tough one. Maybe he should picture it wtitten on a page as: HELL-0. And hopefully soon, it will turn into just plain HELLO! And from there, jello. Or cello. :)

MiCKeY said...

Brett is a sweetie...it's too bad our kids have to be exposed to all the bad words out there that other kids use so easily.

As I was reading the post & saw the word, I thought of the Beatles song that goes "Hello, hello - I don’t know why you say goodbye I say hello" Maybe if he tried incorporating the word into the song it will help.

Good Luck!

Klin said...

From Hell to the primary song. . .Hello (hello), repeat. . . We welcome you today.

It's a bit closer to what he is struggling with. I always go to We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet, but I apparently don't do it enough.

There is another explanation, . . .it's genetic. My mom's first sentence was, "For Hell's Sake" and I say that and immediately think of grandma. Cracks me up every time. I can hear her say it and it takes me back to being a child and having fun at her house.

Alysa&Morgan said...

When I am scared or had a bad day I always sing a primary song in my head or out loud. This helps make me feel better!