Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend update

* On Friday Bryce challenged the first chair trumpet in the 7th grade band and won!
* Paige and I went to see High School Musical 3 with our friends, great pre-adolescent girly entertainment.
* On Saturday I took Ty and a friend to scout day camp. I thought I was going to have to stay all day with them, but they didn't need me, so I got to go shopping instead :)
* While I was gone, Dave purchased a piano! We saw it at a garage sale down the street. It is pretty ugly and needs some work. But, Dave is thinking about refinishing it (he is not afraid to take on any project!) and even with the work it needs I think we got a good deal.
* Dave was given a third calling at church today! Besides being a primary teacher and webelos leader he is now the cub master. He says, "As far as I can tell all the cubmaster does is conduct pack meeting." So, he thinks he can handle all that responsibility :).
* In the last few days I actually did a little scrapbooking. It feels like it has been forever, and I really need a creative outlet!

2 comments:

Klin said...

Uhm, The cubmaster runs the cub scouts. Been there. Done that. It was a lot harder than just running pack meeting. Dave has a wife and that will make it easier. He will probably be great at it.

Yay for Bryce!!! Way to go. 1st chair rocks.

Hooray for shopping and getting some scrap booking done.

MiCKeY said...

Sounds busy...but fun busy! All that running around for the kids, but you still got to have some "me" time!

Tell Dave as long as he's got a good committee, Cub Master is pretty fun! I call myself the "party planner" since that's really all I do.