Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Turkey Run

We have been trying to fit in a hike at Turkey Run state park (Near Terre Haute, IN) the last few times we have gone, so, it was fun to finally get to go. Dave made the boys wear their big packs to get conditioned for their upcoming Philmont trip and Brett wanted to carry a pack too! It was a nice day, not too hot and lots of shade. There are a variety of trails and difficulty levels.







The "ladder trail" is everyone's favorite. We opted for the direction that lets you go up the ladders, leaving lots of downhill afterward.




Paige, Brett and I took a "short-cut" and waited in the visitors center for the boys to finish. We enjoyed watching the birds, squirrels, chipmunks and racoon as we waited.



1 comment:

Gina said...

I found your blog via Klin's blog. I grew up in Indiana. I so miss Turkey Run! Such a fun place!