Bryce, Paige and Brett complain a lot when I talk about them on the blog or facebook. They don't like me giving quotes or telling about the silly things they do or even their great accomplishments. they think I don't talk about Ty as much. I am not sure if that is true or not, but I know that Ty is not as embarrassed about it as they are. Recently, Ty made the district honor band for the second year in a row. There are two bands "Contraband" and "Buccaneer". Ty has been in "Buccaneer band" both times which is the #2 band. He was pretty disappointed about it this year. But, he was first chair alto sax in the buccaneer band and with only 4 alto saxes in the "Contraband" that makes him the #5 middle school alto sax player in the district which covers several parishes. So, I say that is awesome! It ended up that he really liked their director and the songs they played.
The Honor Bands practice all day on a Friday and then Saturday morning before they put on a concert. Ty's band played 4 songs...pretty impressive considering the short amount of time. He wanted me to video their pirate song (I forgot what it was called ) but, I had a little bit of trouble with his new video camera. I did get the next song, sorry it is a little bit jumpy, we were in the balcony. Ty is to the right in front of the trombones and after the french horns. I have tried to load video 3 times so far with no luck! Maybe I'll try again later :(

No comments:
Post a Comment