Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A new break through

Sunday night the boys and I had gone to the church to go carolling with the youth. When we got home, Dave told me that Paige had answered the phone earlier that evening. If you know Paige, you know she is not likely to answer the phone unless she is 100% sure who is on the other end. Well, Dave was busy with something and yelled for her to answer it, then he yelled AT her. And she answered it! She said, " Hello" and briefly answered two or three questions to let the caller know I was not home! I am pretty sure the caller(Laura) did not realize who had answered, probably thought it was Brett. It may not seem like much, but for her it is huge. I am really proud of her.

4 comments:

Be A Saint said...

I am soooooo proud of her too! That is a great first step! And very brave. Wow!!!

Klin said...

Yayy!!!!!

Good for Paige.

Stacy James said...

WOW!!! I so wish I'd been the caller! I haven't heard her sweet little voice in years!

momofa2e said...

Baby steps. :)
I wish she and my daughters could take my advice and personal experiences and realize things aren't so scary and people aren't going to laugh at you, etc. etc. But, then again, I'd still have to debate between losing an arm or speaking in Sac. mtg.