Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School!

School is back in full swing and although it wasn't our smoothest first day and we are getting used to a lot of new things, it is going pretty well. Paige was very nervous about her first day of middle school to the point of being sick, but she went and by the end of the day was enjoying it. She is excited to play the trumpet in band and is doing so well with all the changes. She is so happy to have her best friend Savannah in some of her classes.

Brett is our lone elementary school kid. He still doesn't like to do his homework, "You know I now all this stuff already!" But, he likes his teacher and has some good friends in his class. He is already close to his reading goal for the 1st 6 weeks.

Ty is in 8th grade, he is excited about being first chair alto sax in symphonic band. He was a little disappointed at not having his best friends in all of his classes like last year, but he is doing great in all of his classes so far!

Bryce is a Freshman! I really think he was more ready for high school than I was. He goes to early morning seminary (5:45!) and has early morning marching band after that. He spends most of his time after school doing homework for his tough schedule of classes, but he is dealing with it all pretty well.

So, so far so good. Hope we can keep it up.

1 comment:

Klin said...

Paige does not look happy in your picture. I was glad to read that she ended up having a good day. Middle school is a hard transition.

I can't believe your kids are so grown up and that I don't have a kid in Elementary school at all!